T-shirt Designs - LRR Inspired

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 24 Mar 2008, 23:03

Tensen01 wrote:
Graham wrote:Of course, that one (while awesome) wouldn't print well. Being a photo and all.

Yeah, sadly. Even though I did "Cutout" the hell out of it. So it's actually not as photo as it looks at that size.

If only we had someone to transpose photographs into stylised collections of pigment and ink - one might almost suggest some sort of scribe but no, they dally only in the common word, not the complex machinations of the visual world...

Seriously Tensen, I would buy a 64K shirt that you drew. In a second.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 25 Mar 2008, 04:33

Vaughn wrote:Idea: Loading-ready-ROCK
Graphic: Rockband or GH related, some form of LRRian spin

The Timelords! THEY NEED T-SHIRTS NOW.

It could be a scarf, wrapped around an electric guitar... on fire.
browncoat

Postby browncoat » 25 Mar 2008, 07:58

Actually I have a MP3 of "The Timelords".
That was a band a friend of mine played in once.
They didn't really release anythin, though, just a few demos in MP3-format.
Can't take the sky from me. Again.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 25 Mar 2008, 08:11

Maybe a silhouette of Morgan doing the GH rocking?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 25 Mar 2008, 09:24

AlexanderDitto wrote:

The Timelords! THEY NEED T-SHIRTS NOW.

It could be a scarf, wrapped around an electric guitar... on fire.

I love that idea.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 25 Mar 2008, 09:31

Me personally, I'd want a tshirt with a slightly oversized print of a USB port at the belly button with the words (exactly as below, but centered on the tshirt):

YOU
YOU NEED
LINUX ON YOU

...and perhaps a cord that wraps around the right side to the back where Paul's keyboard is on the back (at an angle so that the top is closest to the left shoulderblade, the right side is just below the right shoulderblade, and the left side is just above the left buttock).

And because you need it in there somewhere, just have the LRR symbol really small just below the neckline on the back centered.

(For those not remembering where the quote came from (a logical impossibility, but one nonetheless), it's from "Installation Anxiety")
Successfully lurking since 1709.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 25 Mar 2008, 11:42

I would buy the SED, gorgeous, and Ian McKellen shirt. ^_^
I can't think of a signature.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 25 Mar 2008, 12:00

CyberTractor wrote:I would buy the SED, gorgeous, and Ian McKellen shirt. ^_^

Would you actually, though?

This is the issue we've always had with shirts. People say "Yes, I'd totally buy that!" and then we say "Well, here it is! Buy away!" and nothing happens.
A lot of shuffling of feet and mumbling about paychecks, but no sales.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time CT, I'm just trying to suss out what you guys all actually mean by "I would buy that."
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 25 Mar 2008, 12:12

Personally I think we sometimes confuse the phrases "I would buy that" with "I would wear that". While both are positive, we tend to say the former for most responses to shirts/ideas.
Most likely tho, unless someone gets the shirt for us and delivers it to our doorstep, we are hesitant with money issues/ordering proceedures/etc and procrastinate to no end when it comes to getting LRR clothing.
I would assume that "must have" merchandise is selling as soon as it is available, while items we do like but are not completely overwhelmed by, stay on the shelves til later in the future.

Proposed solution: more detail in shirt comments, a "must have", "good idea, would buy eventually", "great logo but not right for a shirt" and so on.
I am going to go watch a Image
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 25 Mar 2008, 12:47

but the T Tetris fits everywhere, it should be the Z shape.

-^_^-
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 25 Mar 2008, 13:13

Kawaiicaps wrote:but the T Tetris fits everywhere, it should be the Z shape.

-^_^-

OR an imaginary shape surrounded by real ones in a configuration where it actually will not fit.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 25 Mar 2008, 13:15

Hey Graham,

Do you guys get less dosh if we pay with a credit card? I'm trying to combine the maximum benefit to you guys with not having to hook PayPal up to another bank account, but I know PP does a lot of soul-eating for CC payments.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 25 Mar 2008, 13:30

Nope, we get the same. Thanks for asking though!
There's a difference between online and in person, but no difference in payment type.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 25 Mar 2008, 15:24

Graham wrote:Would you actually, though?

Yeah, I would. Since I'm in college, live away from my parents, and don't have a job, gathering spending money is quite hard since I just have to save up what my parents put into my account and wait a period of time in order to ask for more.

This summer when I get a job I plan on buying stuff from the store.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Mar 2008, 15:27

I would probably never buy a t-shirt (I get tired of explaining what the t-shirt is over..and over....and over...again), but I still think they're awesome.

Support the LRR! Go go go!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 25 Mar 2008, 15:35

Honestly, I am pretty unlikely to buy anything you have in the store right now. I already own the symbol shirt, and I would like to buy the thromborax shirt, but I cannot really justify buying another t-shirt. Maybe next year.
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 25 Mar 2008, 17:28

Any chance you guys would have a Big Bag o' Merch slung round Bill's neck at PAX? I just bought a Logo and DBFH shirt, but I'm sure you'd have some more by then and hey, in person's in person.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 25 Mar 2008, 17:59

CyberTractor wrote:
Graham wrote:Would you actually, though?

Yeah, I would. Since I'm in college, live away from my parents, and don't have a job, gathering spending money is quite hard since I just have to save up what my parents put into my account and wait a period of time in order to ask for more.

This summer when I get a job I plan on buying stuff from the store.

I'd get a job anyways. I did it when I was 16. My parents thought it was odd that I was spending 20 hours a week at my friend's house, but, they never questioned it.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 25 Mar 2008, 19:34

lol, I'd probably be more likely to buy a Shirt I designed (Or just make one), but I do plan on getting a Pirate shirt when I get paid next week.

I never explain my shirts... Mostly because my friends usually don't ask or know the reference.

I think I might make me an "Ian McKellen" shirt either ways.

Sable wrote:Seriously Tensen, I would buy a 64K shirt that you drew. In a second.

I would be totally willing to do an illustration for a 64k shirt. All Graham has to do is ask and tell me what he wants.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Mar 2008, 19:39

Well I normally wear pretty plain clothes, so if I wear something else...it's questioned.

Also, High School is awkward, and people have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better to talk about.

But enough excuses. Good luck with the shirts!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 25 Mar 2008, 19:55

JesterJ. wrote:Well I normally wear pretty plain clothes, so if I wear something else...it's questioned.

Also, High School is awkward, and people have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better to talk about.

You don't want to get one because, aside from other things, you're in high school and you don't want people to question you on your clothing?

Man, high school has really gotten to be teh nazishit. Unless you go to a private school. Then there is an explanation.

Again, from what the crew said about high school and advice about it, we all promise things will get better the sooner you step away from the crowd.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Mar 2008, 20:00

tak197 wrote:
JesterJ. wrote:Well I normally wear pretty plain clothes, so if I wear something else...it's questioned.

You don't want to get one because, aside from other things, you're in high school and you don't want people to question you on your clothing?

Man, high school has really gotten to be teh nazishit. Unless you go to a private school. Then there is an explanation.

Again, from what the crew said about high school and advice about it, we all promise things will get better the sooner you step away from the crowd.

errrrrrrrrrghh.. No. I would GLADLY wear a shirt repping LRR, but I'm both too lazy to explain and get annoyed trying to explain what LRR is to everyone. And what I'm saying about everything I wear is questioned, I'm not saying in a BAD way, it's just that I wear bland clothing and if I wear a shirt with a diagram of a head on it, eeverryboddyyy will want to know what it is. Not that I'm popular. Its just people would be wondering what's DIFFERENT.

I'm just going to leave my foot in my mouth, and leave it at that.

I feel like I'm getting defensive. I'm not trying to. YARGH.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 25 Mar 2008, 20:13

JesterJ. wrote:
tak197 wrote:

errrrrrrrrrghh.. No. I would GLADLY wear a shirt repping LRR, but I'm both too lazy to explain and get annoyed trying to explain what LRR is to everyone. And what I'm saying about everything I wear is questioned, I'm not saying in a BAD way, it's just that I wear bland clothing and if I wear a shirt with a diagram of a head on it, eeverryboddyyy will want to know what it is. Not that I'm popular. Its just people would be wondering what's DIFFERENT.

I'm just going to leave my foot in my mouth, and leave it at that.

I feel like I'm getting defensive. I'm not trying to. YARGH.
Yea, it would be kind of awkward wearing a shirt with pauls face on it.... unless you're picking up "tehchicks"
i dont know what's happening anymore
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 25 Mar 2008, 20:43

Cake wrote:I'd get a job anyways. I did it when I was 16. My parents thought it was odd that I was spending 20 hours a week at my friend's house, but, they never questioned it.

21 credit hours this semester.

No.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 25 Mar 2008, 21:42

You sir, are a masochist.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."

Return to “General Discussion”